Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Looking Back

I remember the Albuquerque airport looking like this in 1953 when I first flew in an airplane. It was a much bigger TWA plane, a four engine Constellation. My sister Reva met me with her family. It was quite an experience - I got to sit with the pilots on the flight deck!

Teddy Roosevelt under construction at Mt. Rushmore
Our 2010 road and bike trip was Janet's first long distance road trip. My parents took me on three long trips in our sky blue 1936 Ford convertible with a rumble seat. The car had leather seats, a sturdy luggage rack and a 1946 100 horsepower engine. My much older half brother and his older daughter rode in the rumble seat. I thought it would be interesting to post a few pictures from dad's scrapbook of the trip  which show places which Janet and I visited sixty-four years later.

No comments: